Pages

Gastric Sleeve Sandy Friday 2 April 2010

I'm fat.  I haven't always been fat but I've had to watch my weight since I was 17.  I'm now 37 and my weight on Dr Costa's scales read 115kg @ 166cm. My scales said 112kg and when I initally made the appointment 6 weeks ago, my scales said 107kg.  Yes, I've been on a 'food funeral'. Binging on gross food, beer and wine.  My back hurts and my feet are swollen, I look like shit.

My first serious diet was Gloria Marshall when I was 17..  I was only about 70kg, perfectly acceptable but I was used to being 55-60kg.  I lost the weight in 2 months and that was the beginning of the end of being a normal eating person.  I have always exercised.  I go to Curves nearly everyday, I have an elliptical trainer that I use a couple of times per week and I walk my kids to school which is a 1km round trip.  Still, I am 115kg.

I eat good food, I lost 30kg at Weight Watchers a couple of years ago. I still eat the same food but I think I would eat a whole portion or two just in tasting the food cooking. You know it doesn't count if it isn't on a plate. ;)

I've done Atikins, SureSlim, Tony Ferguson, Celebrity Slim, Slimfast, Light and Easy, The Zone, CSRIO, The Biggest Loser Diet (I actually got through the first round of interviews a couple of years ago), Face Shape diet, Diet for you blood group, Cabbage Soup Diet, Duromine, Reductil, 6 week Body Makeover and many more.....phew, I've spent thousands on losing weight, only for it to find me again and again along with some of it's friends.

0 comments: