Pages

Gastric Sleeve Sandy Friday 2 April 2010

I think like most gastric sleeve patients, I starting researching the lap band and didn't like what I read. Food getting 'stuck'...seriously, stuck? eww, eroding into the inside of your stomach, only 30% of 'excess' weight can be lost (on average). Doesn't sound very appealing to me.  I happened to stumble across a video on You Tube discussing her and her brothers amazing success with the gastric sleeve, check them out here Gastric Sleeve Reviews  Wow, I hear you say...yep, me too, wow.

Where can I get this surgery in Newcastle? And where I can I read more about it? I found  Dr Costa Karihaloo after a google search and his website has lots of information.  I quickly made an appointment and went off to the seminar, which is a requirement, to hear more about it.  I actually went to a seminar with Dr Gani, who performs only lapbands and the gastric bypass and it just reiterated my desire for the gastric sleeve. Dr Costa's seminar was a week later and it was exciting and informative. These seminars are held at Lake Macquarie Private hospital, ring and book in if you're interested in attending one on 0249 433122

Googling anything and everything regarding the Gastric Sleeve I found this forum, Gastric Sleeve Support and what a wealth of information there is!  Dr Costa even has his own thread with posts from many Novacastricans who have had the surgery or are pre-op (like me).

0 comments: