Pages

Gastric Sleeve Sandy Friday 23 April 2010

I had the bone density scan today and had to fill out a questionnaire. One of the questions asked, "have you had any broken bones in the last 5 years." I fell down my sister's stairs (old house, skinny steep stairs and too much wine) and broke my little toe. Low and behold...Medicare Rebate! So out of $145 I got around $90...praise that little broken pinky toe.

I scored a 0 (normal is between 3 and -1) so I'm one point into "normal". There's a graph that shows the "red danger section" I should reach by 55. I don't know whether that's a given or not the Radiographer didn't say anything. Why do they seal your scans/xrays up? I feel like a 2 year old breaking the seal ever so carefully so I won't get caught peaking. I'm not sure whether 0 is good/bad or normal for a 37 year old...does anyone know?

Next appointment is Tuesday to book in my surgery date...yay!

3 comments:

Waning Woman said...

Good luck with your upcoming surgery date!

Gastric Sleeve Sandy said...

Thanks! Looking forward to it

Unknown said...

I'm having one on Friday - will be most interesting to see how that goes!!!